By submitting a story, each entrant agrees to the following contest rules:
- Entries may be submitted beginning September 2 and ending at 11:59 pm Thursday, September 30, 2010.
- Entry fee is $20 and must be submitted on-line along with the story
- Enter a maximum of two stories (each with a $20 fee)
- Contest winners will be selected by online voting, based on the highest number of votes. Voting starts October 1, 2010 and will end October 20, 2010 at 11:59 pm. You must be a member of ARCADE in order to vote. Limit one vote per member. The entrant with the most votes will win the Grand Prize. The entrants with the second and third most votes will win the Runner Up prizes.
- If a member submits more than one vote, only the first vote received will count. In case of a tie, the ARCADE editorial committee will make the final decision, based on adherence to the Contest rules combined with the unique nature of the story.
- One Grand Prize winner will be selected, based on the Contest entry receiving the highest number of votes. The Grand Prize winner will receive a certificate for seven (7) nights accommodation in Mazatlan Mexico in a one-bedroom condominium at the Torres Mazatlan Resort Estimated retail value is $1,500 and the certificate expires 9/30/2011. Condominium accomodates four (4) occupants. Certificate not valid for the Thanksgiving (November 25-28 2010) or Christmas (December 20-31 2010) holidays. Travel must be completed by expiration date. A one time, six months extension is available for a $75 fee. Certificate holder may only purchase an extension 60 days (or less) prior to original expiration date. Upgrades and additional nights may be available for a fee. Reservations follow a “no change, no cancel, no refund” policy. Certificates may not be combined. Reservation must be continuous, no split reservations are allowed. All reservations are on a space available basis. Certificate is non-transferable. Airfare, ground transportation, meals and other expenses are not included. The Grand Prize winner will also receive a two year subscription to ARCADE magazine, retail value of $60.
- Eight (8) Runners Up will be selected, based on the Contest entries receiving the second and third highest number of votes. Each Runner Up will receive two year subscription to ARCADE magazine, retail value of $60.
- The Grand Prize winner and Runners Up will be published in the December 2010 Issue of ARCADE magazine.
- Applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
- Each story must be the original, previously unpublished work of the entrant
- Any story that is less than or exceeds 9 words will be returned to the entrant for edits. If the entrant does not submit a revised story that meets the entry requirements by the deadline for submitting entries, the story will be rejected. The entry fee for rejected entries will be refunded upon the entrant’s request within thirty (30) days of the deadline for submitting entries.
- ARCADE reserves the right to reject any story that includes strong language, adult/ violent themes or other content ARCADE deems inappropriate. The entrant will be given the opportunity to edit the story and resubmit by the Contest deadline, or request a refund of entry fee and forego the contest.
- Entrants retain the copyright in all stories submitted; however, by submitting a story, the entrant agrees that ARCADE has the perpetual, irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to publish in any format or medium, distribute and otherwise use the story. Each entrant also grants ARCADE the right to use his/her name for publicity purposes, including, but not limited to, announcing the results of the contest,
- By submitting a story, the entrant warrants that the story is original and does not violate copyright or any other intellectual property rights of any other person or entity, and that the story has not been published in any medium.
- Employees, trustees, advisory board and editorial committee members of ARCADE, as well as members of their immediate families, are not eligible to enter the contest.
- ARCADE is not responsible for lost, late or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason, or for technical hardware or software failures, including any injury or damage to any person's computer or any adverse effect on any person’s ability to participate in the contest. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. ARCADE reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if fraud or technical failures impact the integrity of the contest or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem affects the administration or security of the contest. If technical issue or voting irregularities affect the voting process, ARCADE reserves the right to award prizes based on nonsuspect votes, or on ARCADE’s judgment of the entries.
- Failure to meet any of these conditions will render an entry ineligible. The entry fee for ineligible entries will be refunded upon email (email@example.com ) or mailed (1201 Alaskan Way Pier 56 Ste 200, Seattle WA 98101) request to ARCADE within thirty (30) days of the deadline for Contest entries.